Friday, July 29, 2011

Once again...

Once again, I find myself blogging about shopping. Maybe this will stop once I actually am able to get into my new classroom.  But, for right now, this is what that new classroom looks like (before the custodians have cleaned it.  I'm sure it will be GLEAMING after that!):

I can't show you what the 150 boxes my 'stuff' is in look like, because they are still sitting in the gymnasium of my previous school (how do I phrase that...my "former school"?  my "ex-school"? Somehow that ends up sounding like a relationship.  Which just goes to prove once again I have no life...lol).

But I digress.  My wonderful brother helped me to trim the boards for my 'cube seats' this week, so I was able to "build" 3 seats.  Then, because I had seen the "U" shaped tables (forget kidney shaped---these are U's) , so I had to go get two more cubes from Target to finish the additional two seats I knew I'd need.   I had to go across town to the other Target  (NOT the one 1/8th of a mile from my house) because "my" Target was out of the cubes (it only had green).  So, I ran around town, thankful for a/c in the 105 degree heat.

As I drove by Borders and saw the "Going out of business" signs, I decided to go there BEFORE I went to Michael's....you know, in case all the deals were gone by the time I got out of Michaels.  I was ELATED to find....


20% off, and I had a gift card from my birthday!  Yay, me!  I also picked up a couple of gifts for Christmas, and a book for me...the 'other' me, not the 'teacher' me.  The one I forget about alot.
I then went to Michaels, and found what I needed along with... 2 games for .69 cents apiece!  I got a rhyming dominoes game that I intend to put magnets on and use on the board.  I also got a memory game that included a great mat---I'm going to make additional cards to use with the mat--it will help my kiddos know where to put the cards.  That is one of the most difficult things about putting a memory type game in a center.

I also got foam letters---"Teacher Style"---on sale for $3.49.   I have several plans for these (to be revealed later, once I have access to my "stuff"). 

My favorite find at Michael's---Two "personal" flannel boards.  I bought one alphabet, and one number board.  This will make a great center!


After more errands I won't bore you with, I picked up Bailey from the groomer's.  We went home, and with him conked out on the chair, I was able to complete my crate seats in peace.

Here is Bailey:


Here are the seats:





At least now I have one more task checked off of my list.   Sadly, my list just keeps growing!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the monkey fabric! May I ask, where did you get it?
    First Grade Frame of Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I got it at Joann's (and its still on sale this week)--there is also the same pattern in sort of a lime green, but the pink just spoke to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I just might have to go check it out before the sale ends! My classroom is monkey, pink, orange, Chicka...Boom Boom themed so this would be perfect! The crates look awesome!

    ReplyDelete